Selecting the right people for managerial roles or finding talents in the organization has a great impact on the business. It is a long-term investment that pays off with reduced employee turnover and better hiring decisions. By conducting individual assessments, Edward Lynx takes a closer look at a candidate’s strategic skills, motivation, business orientation, intellectual capacity, interpersonal skills, and many other characteristics that influence a person’s performance. We make use of scientifically proven capacity tests, personality instruments and semi-structured interviews. A typical individual assessment procedure includes the following steps:
- Clarifying requirements with the customer
- (Online) personality tests and capacity tests before meeting face-to-face
- Individual in-depth interview with the candidate. Often to include exercises, business cases and additional personality and/or capacity tests
- Extensive written report given together with oral feedback to the customer
- If required, oral feedback to the candidate
Individual assessments can be used when selecting a candidate for a new position or as part of an employee’s personal development or career planning. Besides doing individual assessments focusing on a single person, Edward Lynx has the means and tools to conduct individual assessments on large groups of managers within the same organisation as part of an audit or due diligence process.